- A Day in the Life: Bonnie Brzozowski An interview with students from the University of Texas' iSchool in which I discuss a typical work day for me at Faulk Central Library in Austin, TX; this is part of a series called iSchool You.
- The Evolving Book Group An article about how libraries are revamping book groups to attract new and diverse crowds. The Graphic Novels Book Club I lead is discussed beginning in the second to last paragraph under “Book Groups as Tools For Engagement”.
- Hack Library School: Declassified: Reference A blog post to the Hack Library School blog in which the Introduction to Information Resources & Services course I taught Spring 2011 for the UT iSchool is compared to the Reference course taught at Indiana University.
- Newbie Dispatches Special Report: Graphic Novels An interview with the ACRL Residency Interest Group about the Graphic Novels Book Club I began and hosted.
- UT iSchool Part-Time Faculty Webpage I taught INF 382D, Introduction to Information Resources and Services, during the Spring 2011 semester. Click here to download the syllabus.
VideosAustin Public Library Promotional Music Video
KLRU (PBS) Promotional Spot
Webpages and Websites
- CBCPL (Corvallis-Benton County Public Library) Adult Services Wiki I set up and organized this wiki for use by CBCPL's Adult Services Reference Librarians. The wiki is private, but I will send invitations to perspective employers, if they would like access.
- Graphic Novels Book Club I began and lead this book club for Austin Public Library (APL). This is a link to the Facebook page I created to help promote it.
- Health Information A guide designed for the APL website that links to health information on the internet.
- Recommended Graphic Novels Designed as part of the APL Recommends website.
- Sheps Center for Health Services Research Library Although I no longer maintain this website, I designed and created it.
Writings and Articles
- (with S. Arnold-Garza, K. Beauchemin & L. Roy) “'Are You Searching for a New Job?': Texas Public Libraries Provide Services for Job Seekers”; Texas Library Journal 87, no. 1 (Spring 2011): 30-33
- Blog Posts
A collection of posts written for the Austin Public Library's, ReadingGroupGuides.com's, and Corvallis-Benton County Public Library's blogs
- (with T. Bolfing & L. Roy) “Computer Classes for Job Seekers: LIS Students Team with Public Librarians to Extend Public Services”; Public Library Quarterly 29, no. 3 (July 2010): 193-209
- “Drawing on Reality: Graphic Nonfiction”; Library Journal, February 1, 2012
- Master's Paper
A study of users of Orange County Public Libraries (NC) completed to satisfy the requirements of a Master's of Science degree in Library Science from UNC.
- (with L. Roy) “Providing Computer Classes for Job Seekers: A Collaboration”; Contributed Paper (Co-Presenter), Texas Library Association 2011 Annual Conference, Austin, Texas (April 13, 2011).
- SILS Galley Reviews
I wrote two book reviews for the Fall 2006 and Spring 2007 issues of The Galley, a student-run publication of UNC's School of Information and Library Science.
- (with N. Homenda & L. Roy) “The Value of Service Learning Projects in Preparing LIS Students for Public Services Careers in Public Libraries”; The Reference Librarian 53, no. 1 (January 2012): 24-40